Dog breeds with blue eyes are getting more and more popular. Did you recently become the owner of a beautiful puppy with sparking blue eyes? Than you might be on the lookout for some as sparklingly beautiful blue eyed dog names.
Well – ding, ding, ding! Because you just hit the jackpot!
We prepared some of the most beautiful and meaningful dog names out there that would perfect suit a blue eyed canine. So get comfortable and be prepared to read some of the most beautiful dog names out there.
Many of these names were pulled out from different languages and you shouldn’t really think too much when it comes to which gender it fits. If you like the name, we are sure that it will fit either male or female dogs. However, the pronunciation might be a bit unexpected, so make sure to Google it.
Names that mean blue in different languages
This category is very straightforward. If you are lucky enough to be the owner of a blue eyed, why not simply name them the shade blue, but in a foreign language.
Here are our top picks:
- Aoi (Japanese)
- Azul (Spanish)
- Biru (Malay)
- Blau (German)
- Mavi (Turkish)
- Mazarine (A dark blue)
- Nilo (Nepali)
- Plavo (Bosnian)
Names inspired by the blue shade of the sky
If your dog eyes remind you of the sky, why not pick a dog name that was inspired by the beautiful colors of the sky.
Here are our top blue eyed dog names that are inspired by the sky.
- Akash (Indian)
- Ambreen (Arabic)
- Caelum (Latin)
- Celine/Celina (French)
- Gagan (Indian)
- Rai (Japanese)
- Sora (The Japanese word for “sky”)
- Thor (God of thunder, lightning, and storms)
- Thora (Female version of Thor)
- Yágo (“Sky” in Navajo)
- Zeus (Greek god of the sky and thunder)
Names inspired by the blueness of water
If your dog’s eyes are blue and deep just like the ocean waters, maybe that is what you should name him after.
One of the first things people think about when hearing blue is the sea or other waters. That’s why this is such a popular category.
Here are our top picks when it comes to blue eyed dog names that are inspired by water.
- Brooke (“A small stream”)
- Caspian (As in the Caspian Sea)
- Conway (“Holy river”)
- Darya (“Sea” in Persian)
- Dylan (Welsh name meaning “son of the sea”)
- Earwyn (An English name meaning “friend of the sea”)
- Haf (Icelandic for “ocean”)
- Ler/Lir (A sea god from Irish mythology)
- Kai (A hawaiian name meaning “sea”)
- Marina (This name means “from the sea”)
- Maris (A Latin name meaning “of the sea”)
- Masika (Egyptian name meaning “born during rain”)
- Mazu (This is the name of a Chinese sea goddess)
- Mira (Sanskrit name meaning “ocean”)
- Murdoch (A Gaelic name meaning “protector of the sea”)
- Nami (A Japanese name meaning “wave”)
- Neptune (The Roman god of the sea)
- Nerida (A Greek name meaning “sea nymph; mermaid”)
- Ula (The origin of this name is contested, but the meaning is “sea jewel”)
- Umi / Umiko (“Sea/child of the sea” in Japanese)
- Zale (A Greek name meaning “power of the sea”)
If you didn’t like any of these, we have some other suggestions too: