What Is A Dog Wash Station?
A dog wash station is nothing more than a designated where you wash and clean your dog. There are many dog wash stations you can buy. Some are made of stainless steel and have more options while others are made of plastic and are considerably cheaper. You can also build one, but that is out of the scope of this article. In this article, we will learn how to use a self-service dog wash station.
How To Wash Your Dog In Self Service Dog Wash
Self-service dog wash stations are a great option if you want to safely and thoroughly wash your dog. We will use K9000 self-service dog wash for this guide, so some options may differ from your wash station. However, most of the options and principles are the same for all dog wash stations, regardless of the manufacturer.
Wash your Dog In A Self Service Dog Wash: Step-By-Step Guide
- Take your dog into an enclosed area designated for a dog wash station.
- Close the door after you enter.
- Pull the dog wash station door to open and let your dog onto the platform.
- Close the door after the dog enters.
- The next step is to put the dog up to tether. This way the dog will stay in place while you wash him.
- Now it’s time to activate the dog wash. Usually, the price is around $1 per minute and you can pay this with cash or credit card. Generally, around 10 minutes is enough to wash a medium-sized dog, but you can pick the option that suits you the most.
- The next step is to choose one of the 9 available options that are part of a complete washing cycle. The first option is shampoo, so let’s pick that one.
- Take the shower and press the gold button on top. The mixture of shampoo and water will start flowing and will flow until you press the button again. The dog wash station floor is made of non-slip materials, so you don’t have to worry about potential injuries.
- After the dog is shampooed it’s time for the number two option – rinse. Thoroughly rinse your dog’s coat and make sure to reach every part of his body.
- The next step is condition rinse. Choose the number three option to activate a natural dog-friendly conditioner that will make your dog’s fur bright and shiny.
- Now, it’s time to rinse again. Press the number four option and thoroughly rinse your dog’s coat.
- The next step is flea and tick rinse. These are natural repellents that will not interfere with your dog’s standard flea and tick medicine.
- Next, we will rinse that.
- The time has come to blow dry your dog. The dryer has two options, high and low. It’s best to start with the low, so your dog can easily adjust and then switch to the high option. If you want to save money, you can also bring a towel.
- Ok, now that your dog is clean and dry you can let him out of the tub.
- The last, but one of the most important steps is disinfecting the tub so the other dogs may use it. You will notice this is the last option before the stop button. Pick this option, activate the shower, and wash the tub.
People Also Ask
How much does a dog wash station cost?
A professional, automated dog wash station costs between £15.000 and £75.000. However, you can find a quality wash station for a price that ranges between £200 and £1000.
How much is a dog wash?
Generally, you can shampoo, rinse and wash your dog in 10 minutes. Therefore, expect to pay between $15 and $20 on average. However, the price can be higher or lower based on your dog’s size and your speed during the washing process.