Believe it or not, there are certain human foods that are very healthy for us, but that could actually kill your dog! Now I know as a dog parent it’s sometimes difficult to resist those puppy eyes begging you for a little bit of whatever you are having, but there are certain foods you should never gove your dog!
Slme dogs, just like humans, are lactose intolerant, which means that milk could potentially be very dangerous for them. Your dog drinking milk could lead to vomiting, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal problems. Besides that, milk contains milk sugar that dogs don’t have the enzymes to break down. While it’s not immediately life-threatening, it can contribute to serious bacterial exposure in dogs that could eventually lead to disease.
onions can do much more harm than just make your dog cry. Onions can damage red blood cells in dogs causing them to become weaker and move around less. If enough onions are consumed, a blood transfusion might be necessary.
While it’s still unknown exactly what chemicals and compounds are in grapes that cause toxicity to dogs, the results of consumption can be pretty devastating. Grapes and raisins can cause rapid kidney failure. Dogs can also develop vomiting or diarrhea as well as a lethargic state. Dogs will also develop dehydration and lack of appetite. Death from kidney failure may occur within three to four days.
Avocado leaves, pits, bark and fruit contain a toxin called persin. They can cause upset stomachs in dogs, breathing difficulties, fluid buildup in the chest, but the most dangerous thing for them seem to the be the pit. Since it’s slippery, the pit can accidentally be swallowed by dogs, leading to obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract.
Raw yeast dough from making bread can ferment in a dog’s stomach, becoming toxic. Aside from the toxicity from alcohol being produced in the stomach, yeast dough can also expand in your dog’s stomach or intestines and create a large amount of gas in the digestive system. This can lead to severe pain and a potentially ruptured stomach or intestinal tract. Vomiting, abdominal discomfort and lethargy can also occur.