Dogs are amazing creatures, and sometimes even more than you’d know! If you think you know everything there is to know about dogs, think again!
These five facts about a man’s best friend will leave you speechless!
1. Your dog is as smart as a two-year-old! Ever wonder why children around this age seem to have a special bond with the family dog? It could be because they speak the same language, roughly 250 words, and gestures in fact.
2. A study at UCSD claims that your dog can genuinely get jealous when they see you display affection for another creature.
3. Your dog can smell your feelings. In fact, your dog’s sense of smell is approximately 100,000 times better than yours. So it shouldn’t be shocking that they can, in fact, smell things such as fear. When a human is fearful, they perspire, and a dog is easily able to pick up on this change.
4. The town of Idyllwild, California elected their first mayor in 2012, Mayor Max. But Max isn’t just any regular mayor, he’s a Golden Retriever! Although Mayor Max passed away in 2013, the town elected Mayor Max II into office and he’s been governing Idyllwild ever since. Way to go, Mayor Max!
5. Dogs do actually have a sense of time! It’s been proven that they know the difference between an hour and five. If conditioned, they can predict future events, such as regular walk times.