Did you know that a Golden retriever owns the record for the loudest bark ever? Or that US presidents Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford both had Golden retrievers as their pets? No?
Then you’re in for a fun ride! We have found very interesting Golden retriever facts you probably didn’t know!
- A Golden retriever named Todd saved his mom from a rattlesnake bite. They went for a walk in Arizona when the accident happened, but he luckily survived!
- This one isn’t a secret, but Golden retrievers wear their emotions on their sleeves. Between their eyebrows, sighs, grunts, and smiles, you can almost always tell what a golden is thinking.
- Have you ever heard about Murphy the golden who survived for nearly two years in the California wilderness by himself? He went missing during a camping trip and almost two years later someone noticed him and alerted his family.
- A golden retriever owns the record for loudest bark. Charlie, a golden from Australia, owns the record for loudest bark. Thankfully goldens aren’t normally heavy barkers!
- Air Bud and Comet are the same dog actor! Buddy played himself in Air Bud and Comet in Full House.
- Golden retrievers are the 3rd most popular dog on Instagram. At least, according to hashtag volume. Only Chihuahuas and French Bulldogs have them beat.
- The LCC K-9 Comfort Dogs is a team of dogs that exist to bring love and peace. These dogs show up at tragic events such as Sandy Hook Shooting and Hurricane Sandy to provide emotional support.
- Presidents Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford had golden retrievers.