Love Reddit? Share this article now!
You are a responsible dog owner, always caring about your dog looking to meet all his needs. You buy high-quality food, toys and take your dog everywhere you go to further strengthen your bond. However, accidents happen all the time and your dog cuts his paw or leg. Even a minor injury can quickly become a big problem. You know you need to help your furry friend, bandage his paw, but how? How to wrap a dog’s paw?
Don’t panic, we have prepared easy to follow, step-by-step guide on how to wrap a dog’s paw. So, let’s start.
What You Need To Have In The Dog’s First Aid Kit?
Firstly and most importantly you need to have certain items to help your dog. These items can be found in your dog’s first aid kit. However, if you don’t have a first aid kit for your dog, you can find the necessary items in your first aid kit.
You will need:
- Adhesive bandage
- Sterile pads
How To Wrap Dog’s Paw?
Ok, now that you have found all the necessary items it’s time to properly bandage your dog’s wound.
If your dog cut his paw, follow these steps:
- Check the dog’s paw for blood
- Wash the wound with water and remove debris with tweezers
- Clean the wound with Betadine solution
- Apply antiseptic to the injured area
- Wrap the pad in gauze
- Apply a pressure bandage over the soft gauze (To ensure you didn’t apply this too tightly check to see if you can fit two fingers underneath the pressure wrap)
If your dog cut his leg, follow these steps:
- Clean and disinfect injured area
- Place a nonstick absorbent pad over the injured area
- Wrap a gauze over the nonstick absorbent pad
- Wrap adhesive tape over the bandage
- Roll cotton over the gauze pad followed by stretch gauze