fbpx Skip to Content

Human Foods You Should NEVER Give To Your Golden Retriever

Human Foods You Should NEVER Give To Your Golden Retriever

As much as we love out golden retrievers and sometimes feel bad when we’re eating some yummy food, and they are right there next to us begging for a bite – these dogs should never be given to dogs!

Alcohol

Under no circumstances should your pet be given any alcohol. If you suspect that your pet has ingested alcohol, contact your vet. It can cause various symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty in breathing, coma and even death!

Chocolate, Coffee and Caffeine

These products all contain substances called methylxanthines, which can cause vomiting and diarrhea, panting, excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures and even death. Darker chocolate is even more dangerous for dogs because it contains higher levels of methylxanthines.

Grapes and Raisins

These fruits cam cause kidney failure in dogs, because of a toxic substance that is yet unknown. Because of the mysterious substance that is mot fully known, it’s best to avoid giving grapes and raisins to dogs at all.

Macadamia Nuts

They can cause weakness, tremors, hyperthermia, depression, vomiting.

Milk and Dairy

Dogs do not possess a lot of lactase and can’t fully digest dairy. Because of that it often causes diarrhea and an upset tummy.

Onions, Garlic, Chives

Onions and garlic can cause gastronomic irritation that could lead to anemia and red blood cell damage!

Salt and Salty Snacks

If your dog takes too much salt, it could end up with excessive thirst and urination, or even sodium poisoning. It could also lead to symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, seizures or at worst death.

Xylitol

This substance is often used as a sweetener. It causes insulin release which could lead to lover failure in dogs.